It’s 31st December…another year is concluding today….It’s the time to go into flashback and look at the major happenings in 2008..come on its a trend man !
- In early 2008, global inflation was at historic levels, and that domestic inflation was at 10-20 year highs for many nations.
- The second half of the year was full of surprises and shocks with sudden global economic crisis,During the weekend of September 13–14, 2008,Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy after failing to find a buyer, Bank of America agreed to purchase Merrill Lynch.Several giant economies suffered sub-prime crisis leading to global recession.
- Barack Obama got elected as the President-elect of the United States. The first African American to be elected President of the United States.
- Abhinav Bindra became the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympic Games, by winning the gold in the 10 m Air Rifle event at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
- India demonstrated its scientific prowess with the successful launch of Chandrayaan-I on October 22.
- Another feather in the cap for the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)was the successful launch of 10 satellites in one go- a first for any space agency in the world.
- The saddest thing happened in 2008 was 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks,which has shaken entire world..every Indian’s heart cried for Mumbai..and for the Heroes who losttheir lives for our country.