Guys i am an ardent fan of Chetan Bhagat and love his writing style. Though i have read every book of him. Five Point someone tops my favorite list, after FPS i was waiting for his latest book since long time. Grabbed his “2 states” on this weekend.
The Plot :
It’s a story about Krish and Ananya. They are from two different states of India, deeply in love and want to get married. Of course, their parents don’t agree. To convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple have a tough battle in front of them.
My 2 cents on this Marriage
- 1.Very good start.
- 2.The college and Love life described is not so exciting as compared to FPS.
- 3.Krish admires Ananya’s which qualities apart from being IIMA student is not clear.
- 4.North Indian person’s initial life in South India is portrayed very well.
- 5.Its fun visualising how Punjabi’s and Madrasi’s communicate with each other.
- 6.Krish’s struggle to patao his would be in-laws resembles to SRK’s struggle in DDLJ.
- 7.Overall the guy has to slog for 6 months to patao his in-laws contrary to that girl does this job in 1 week,with not much hard work..which is hard to digest.
- 8.Krish’s family is portrayed as a disturbed family..why his father is a psycho is not made clear till end.
I must say i found this book less interesting than earlier FPS, TMOML..because everything in this book is so predictable and seen in many bollywood movies many times. But go for it if you are a Chetan Bhagat fan like me 🙂